Palo Alto Youth Council Meeting
September 9, 2015
- PAYC Members and Members at large.
- Lacee Kortsen, Ashabi Idris, Jose Perez & Amal Aziz.
- Review of existing by-laws:
Members split into 5 groups of 4 to review current by laws:
Section 1- Purpose
- Provide social services and projects/programs for the youth of Palo Alto.
Section 2- Membership
- Nominating committee should be appointed by not only the President, Vice President, Secretary and Advisor.
- Appointments to the council should be made in September.
- Change language regarding alternates/members at large.
Section 3- Positions
- Remove treasurer position and replace with Treasury Subcommittee.
Section 4- Meetings
- Outgoing members section should be removed.
- Meetings should be held every week until retreat.
- Meeting should be one hour long.
Section 5- Quorum
- 8 people counts as majority of council.
Section 6- Subcommittees
- Subcommittees should have a designated leader and treasurer.
Section 7- Attendance
- An unexcused absence should be counted as 2 absences.
- President and secretary should be informed of absence.
Section 8- No changes
Section 9- No changes
- Members are expected to attend all meetings and events.
- All absences should be reported.
- Officer Positions and Elections
- Send nominations to Ashabi before by next meeting (Sep 16)
- Prepare 2 minute speech
- Members at large may not run for a position.
- Remaining agenda items to be addressed at next meeting.
Meeting adjourned at 6:02 pm